OE Classic is an email and Usenet reader designed to be a perfect replacement for Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail and even Mozilla Thunderbird.
The ultimate goal of OE Classic is to be an easy to use, fast, small and secure program with lots of power features and yet, easy to use for a beginner. Your data always belongs to you as it is stored in a public-domain format and there are no storage size limits.
- Easy to use user interface (similar to Outlook Express)
- Fast and quick to start
- HTML editor with stationery support (compatible with existing Outlook Express stationery)
- Identities support
- Address book similar to Windows Address Book (WAB) (built-in)
- Easy to use wizard for adding email and news accounts
- Importing emails/folders/accounts/contacts from Outlook Express (near perfect)
- Importing contacts from other programs or web mail
- Single Inbox for multiple accounts
- Editing properties of accounts, removing, setting default
- Secure POP3 and SMTP (supports Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo and many others) with logging
- Secure newsreader with yEnc, multipart and 64-bit article index support
- Secure message display (can block scripts, external tracking images and other malicious content)
- Works on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000