LAVFSplitter is a multi-format media splitter that uses libavformat (the demuxing library from ffmpeg) to demux all sorts of media files.
LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises. Supported Formats: MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS/PS (including basic EVO support), FLV, OGG, and many more that are supported by ffmpeg!
LAV Filters are based on ffmpeg and libbluray and is aimed to offer a all-around solution to perfect playback of file-based Media as well as Blu-rays.
- Official LAV Filters builds require a SSE2 capable CPU
- Fixed: Certain MP4/MOV files didn’t play or seek correctly in recent versions of LAV Splitter
- Fixed: HEVC in MP4 without PTS timestamp is being signaled appropriately
- Fixed: Closing RTSP streams did not properly call the TEARDOWN function
- NEW: CUVID support for VP9 8/10-bit and HEVC 10/12-bit decoding
- NEW: DXVA2 support for VP9 10-bit decoding
- Changed: Simplified the internal dataflow to reduce overhead and improve performance
- Changed: Enabled P010 output to EVR on Windows 10 Creators Update
- Fixed: Y416 output was incorrect (required by madVR 0.91.8 and newer)
- Fixed: Parsing H.264 MVC SEI NALs could fail in some cases
- Fixed: CUVID decoding could deinterlace progressive streams under certain circumstances, degrading the quality
- Fixed: LATM AAC streams with Program Config Elements (PCE) (common in DVB-T2 broadcast) played with audible distortions
- Fixed: Very short PCM audio streams didn’t play properly