Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre’s features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
features in Calibre
- Kindle driver: Add support for the new Kindle Oasis
- Browser viewer: Allow the user to specify a CSS style sheet to control the look and feel of the text
- Edit book spell check: In the list of suggestions show the original word in italics. Closes tickets: 1727827
- Edit Book: When adding a new HTML file, add it after the file being currently edited instead of at the end. Closes tickets: 1728601
- Column coloring: Add a contains rule type. Closes tickets: 1728464
- Book details panel: Allow saving the displayed cover to disk via the right click context menu. Closes tickets: 1728251